My Kid is Nonverbal- What are My Options?

People often ask me what I do, and who I am!


Let me do a quick intro of myself. I’m Kacy Barron, a speech-language pathologist (SLP), which is our title but we are often referred to as speech therapists! We have that longer title because we actually do WAY more than just speech therapy.


Some things we do that are not just speech: expressive and receptive language, swallowing, feeding, cognitive communication, social skills, augmentative and alternative communication, voice, oral motor disorders, and more!


You can see that we have a pretty broad field! Which is why many of us SLPs specialize in an area or two. 


My specialty is in augmentative and alternative communication, or AAC.


Let me break that down for you! 


Augmentative = Supports verbal speech


Alternative = In place of verbal speech


Communication = Any form of expressing yourself


This article is written to help you understand how AAC can relate to...

Continue Reading...

50% Complete

You're Almost There!

Subscribe to get love letters from me. I keep it real while providing real value, and learn about upcoming offerings and freebies. No worries- I won't share your email and you can unsubscribe at any time!